Many college peeps find themselves extremely busy. Whether its UIC students commuting, doing homework, going from class to practice, there are always days when you need a quick meal that you can take with you. This recipe is extremely easy, cheap, and delicious! It can also be a cheap and entertaining meal for a party in the quad or a campus event.
- Individual sized bags of Fritos or Doritos (really can be any chips you’d like.)
- Taco Seasoning packet
- Ground beef
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Diced tomatoes
Make it and Take it:
- Grease a pan and cook ground beef on medium heat until all fatty juices are drained and meat is browned.
- Mix taco seasoning in with ground beef and stir. Heat for 3 minutes and then take off heat, and let sit.
- Turn individual bag of chips horizontal. Cut across ¾ height of the bag. Do this with as many bags of chips you are using. (Each person uses half a bag of chips)
- Empty half of the chips into a bowl. Pour a spoonful to your liking of the taco beef into the bag on top of the chips.
- Choose your toppings, you may pour lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, and shredded cheese into your bag too.
- Take a spoon, grab your back pack, and enjoy while you go!
Why this recipe is great:
- Bags of chips are very cheap!
- You can buy ground beef in bulk. Use some of it, freeze the rest, and whatever you cooked and didn’t eat…. Put it in the fridge and you’ve got leftovers!
- Sour cream, shredded cheese, lettuce and tomatoes, are all items you can use for other meals.